It is the end of the year and many employees are awaiting eagerly for their annual performance bonus at work. How are you planning to spend it? Here are some spending suggestions:
- For those with school going children, prepare your children for the new academic year with back-to-school shopping with the purchase of school uniforms, textbooks and stationery. Do not forget to put aside a sum of money for their tuition fees, exam fees, school bus as well as contribution to the Persatuan Ibu Bapa dan Guru (PIBG) of their respective schools.
- We look forward to festive seasons yearly but are worried about the price tag for the celebration. Why not start ahead and prepare some money for next year’s celebration?
- Refresh your body with a vacation. Start planning early for next year’s trip and put some money aside towards the holiday.
- Reduce your debts by paying off some of your borrowings. If possible, settle the outstanding amount.
- Invest some money in a legitimate scheme which is compatible with your risk appetite.
- Save money – build your emergency funds for rainy days.
- Come year-end, malls have sales and offer many discounts. When you do go shopping, remember to be moderate in your spending and look out for the best deals.